Preparation and Characterization of High Performance Dye Sensitized Solar Cells with Silver Nanoparticles in nanocomposite Photoanode
Keywords:DSSCs, Surface Plasmon, Nanoparticles, Natural Pigment.
The following article has been retracted by the Editor and Publisher of Journal of the Nigerian Society of Physical Sciences : "T. Jamila, E. Lucky & D. Eli, Preparation and Characterization of High Performance Dye Sensitized Solar Cells with Silver Nanoparticles in nanocomposite Photoanode, J. Nig. Soc. Phys. Sci. 2 (2020) 7–11; https://doi.org/10.46481/jnsps.2020.24." This retration is due to the wrong report of XRD analysis.
Jun, H.K., Careem, M.A., & Arof, A.K. (2013). Quantum dot-sensitized solar cells perspective and recent developments: A review of Cd chalcogenide quantum dots as sensitizers. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 22, 148–167. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2013.01.030
Werner, J. H. (2004). Second and third generation photovoltaics–dreams and reality. Advances in Solid State Physics, 44, 51–67. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-39970-4_5
Eli, D., Ibeh, G. J., Ige, O. O., Owolabi, J. A., Ugbe, R. U., Sherifdeen, B. O., Onimisi M. Y.& Ali, H. (2019). Silver Nanoparticles as Nano Antenna for TiO2 Activation and its Application in DSSC for Enhanced Performance. Journal of Theoretical and Applied Physics, 1(3), 88–98.
Onimisi, M. Y., Eli, D., Abdu, S. G., Aboh, H. O. & Ezeoke, J. (2016). Size Effects of Silver Nanoparticles on the Photovoltaic Performance of Dye Sensitized Solar Cells. American Chemical Science Journal, 13(3), 1-8. DOI: https://doi.org/10.9734/ACSJ/2016/24525
D. Eli, P. M. Gyuk, M. S. Ahmad G. I. Baba & S. H. Sarki, “Silver Nanoparticles as Artificial Antennas for Enhanced Light-Harvesting and Charge Transfer in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells”, International Journal of Materials Science and Applications 5 (2016) 214.
C. Chambers, S. B. Stewart, B. Su, H. F. Jenkinson, J. R. Sandy & A. J. Ireland, “Silver Doped Titanium Dioxide Nanoparticles as Antimicrobial Additives to Dental Polymers” Dental Materials 33 (2017) 115.
G. Kovacs, Z. Pap, C. Cotet, V. Cosoveanu, L. Baia & V. Danciu, “Photocatalytic, Morphological and Structural Properties of the TiO2-SiO2-Ag Porous Structures based System”, Materials 8 (2015) 1059.
D. Eli, A. A. Kassimu & B. O. Sherifdeen, “Surface-Enhanced Response of Silver Nanoparticles with SiO2 and TiO2 Core Shell for Enhanced dye Sensitized Solar Cells Performance: A Comparative Studies”, Journal of the Nigerian Association of Mathematical Physics 43 (2017)
Green, M. A., Emery, K., Hishikawa, Y., Warta, W., Dunlop, E. D., Levi, D. H., Ho-Baillie, A. W. Y. (2017). Solar Cell Efficiency Tables (version 49). Progress in Photovoltaics, 25 (1), 3-13. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/pip.2855
L. Shuhan, Z. Xiangyu,W. Bao, Q. Yu, L.Wenhui, Y. Hao, L. Nan, C. Mengwei, L. Haifei & Y. Yingping, “Influence of Ag Nanoparticles with Different Sizes and Concentrations Embedded in a TiO2 Compact Layer on the Conversion E_ciency of Perovskite Solar Cells”, Nanoscale Research Letters 13210 (2018) 1.
W. S. Yang, B. W. Park, E. H. Jung, N. J. Jeon, Y. C. Kim, D. Lee, S. S. Shin, J. Seo, E. K. Kim, J. H. Noh & S. I. Seok, “Iodide Management in Formamidinium-Lead-Halide-Based Perovskite Layers for E_cient Solar Cells”, Science 356 (2017) 1376.
Z. Lu, X. Pan, Y. Ma, Y. Li, L. Zheng, D. Zhang, Q. Xu, Z. Chen, S. Wang & B. Qu, “Plasmonic-Enhanced Perovskite Solar Cells using Alloy Popcorn Nanoparticles”, RSC Advances 5 (2015) 11175.
D. Eli, M. Y. Onimisi, S. G. Abdu P. M. Gyuk & E. Jonathan, “Enhanced Performance of a Dye Sensitized Solar Cell using Silver Nanoparticles Modified Photoanode”, Journal of Scientific Research & Reports 10 (2016) 1.
D. Eli, M. S. Ahmad, A. B. Bikimi & O. A. Babatunde, “Plasmonic Dye Sensitized Solar Cells Incorporated with TiO2-Ag Nanostructures”, International Research Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry 11 (2016) 1.
D. Eli, J. A. Owolabi, O. O. Gabriel & E. Jonathan, “Plasmon-Enhanced Efficiency in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells Decorated with Size-Controlled Silver Nanoparticles Based on Anthocyanins as Light Harvesting Pigment”, Journal of Photonic Materials and Technology 2(1) 2016 6-13 DOI: https://doi.org/10.11648/j.jmpt.20160201.12
Eli, D. and Gyuk, P. M. High Efficiency dye Sensitized Solar Cells by Excitation of Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance of AgNPs, Science World Journal Vol 14(No 2) 2019, 125-130.
Agnihotri, S., Mukherji, S. & Mukherji, S. (2014). Size-controlled silver nanoparticles synthesizedover the range 5–100 nm using the same protocoland their antibacterial efficacy RSC Advances, 4, 3974–3983. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/C3RA44507K
K.L. Kelly, E. Coronado, L.L. Zhao, G.C. Schatz, The Optical Properties of Metal Nanoparticles: The Influence of Size, Shape, and Dielectric Environment J. Phys. Chem. B 107 (30) (2003) 668-677.
Muduli, S., Game, O., Dhas, V., Vijayamohanan, K. Bogle, K. A., Valanoor, N. & Ogale, S. B. (2012). TiO2–Au plasmonic nanocomposite for enhanced dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSC) performance Solar Energy, 86, 1428–1434. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.solener.2012.02.002
Zhao, G., Kozuka, H. & Yoko, T. (1996). Sol—gel preparation and photoelectrochemical properties of TiO2 films containing Au and Ag metal particles Thin Solid Films, 277, 147–154 DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6090(95)08006-6
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2020 Journal of the Nigerian Society of Physical Sciences
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The Journal of the Nigerian Society of Physical Sciences (JNSPS) is published under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 (CC BY-NC) license. This license was developed to facilitate open access, namely, it allows articles to be freely downloaded and to be re-used and re-distributed without restriction, as long as the original work is correctly cited. More specifically, anyone may copy, distribute or reuse these articles, create extracts, abstracts, and other revised versions, adaptations or derivative works of or from an article, mine the article even for commercial purposes, as long as they credit the author(s).
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- C. O. Lawani , G. J. Ibeha, Olumide Ige, D. Eli, J. O. Emmanuel, A. J. Ukwenya, P. O. Oyedare, Numerical Simulation of Copper Indium Gallium Diselenide Solar Cells Using One Dimensional SCAPS Software , Journal of the Nigerian Society of Physical Sciences: Volume 3, Issue 2, May 2021
- Imosobomeh L. Ikhioya, Eli Danladi, Okoli D. Nnanyere, Abdulazeez O. Salawu, Influence of Precursor Temperature on Bi Doped ZnSe Material via Electrochemical Deposition Technique for Photovoltaic Application , Journal of the Nigerian Society of Physical Sciences: Volume 4, Issue 1, February 2022
- Eli Danladi, M. Y. Onimisi, S. Garba, R. U. Ugbe, J. A. Owolabi, O. O. Ige, G. J. Ibeh, A. O. Muhammed, Corrigendum to "Simulation and Optimization of Lead-Based Perovskite Solar Cells with Cuprous Oxide as a P-type Inorganic Layer [J. Nig. Soc. Phys. Sci. 1 (2019) 72–81, https://doi.org/10.46481/jnsps.2019.13]" , Journal of the Nigerian Society of Physical Sciences: Volume 3, Issue 3, August 2021
- C. O. Lawani, G. J. Ibeh, O. O. Ige, Eli Danladi, J. O. Emmanuel, A. J. Ukwenya, P. O. Oyedare, Corrigendum to "Numerical Simulation of Copper Indium Gallium Diselenide Solar Cells Using One Dimensional SCAPS Software [J. Nig. Soc. Phys. Sci. 3 (2021) 48–58, https://doi.org/10.46481/jnsps.2021.133]" , Journal of the Nigerian Society of Physical Sciences: Volume 3, Issue 3, August 2021
- Sherifdeen O. Bolarinwa, Eli Danladi, Andrew Ichoja, Muhammad Y. Onimisia, Christopher U. Achem, Synergistic Study of Reduced Graphene Oxide as Interfacial Buffer Layer in HTL-free Perovskite Solar Cells with Carbon Electrode , Journal of the Nigerian Society of Physical Sciences: Volume 4, Issue 3, August 2022
- Adefemi Adeniran, A. A. Sodipo, C. G. Udomboso, A Modifed Forced Randomized Response Model , Journal of the Nigerian Society of Physical Sciences: Volume 2, Issue 1, February 2020
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.